VTP-Pulley (Ventilated Turbo Pulley)
VTP-Pulley. The VTP-Pulley is a V-belt pulley in a completely new design incorporating all aspects of optimised performance of V-belt pulleys. One of the improvements most worthy of mention is a combination of design and quality casting which has resulted in a weight reduction of up to 50% compared to conventional V-belt pulleys. Furthermore, due to the tilted spokes, the internal tensions of the V-belt pulley are reduced considerably.
Iron Quality. The iron quality of GGG 60 allows the circumferential speed to be increased up to 100 m/sec. and the wear of the V-belts is considerably smaller than by the use of grey iron.
Higher Effects Transmission. The V-belts will have a lower working temperature. Up to 17°C lower than with standard V-belt pulleys. This is of great importance for the lifetime of the V-belts.
ACC-Surface Treatment. ACC-surface treatment (Autophoretic Coating Chemicals) is a new and more efficient surface treatment of castings. Among other advantages, the ACC-process adds a higher chemical resistance to oil, petrol, brake fluid and lubricants, and exceptional physical properties of the cured film (6H-pencil hardness), and priming paint and finishing paint can be applied direct to the ACC-surface.
- Increases the life of the V-belts due to the ventilated grooves resulting in lowering working temperatures (10°C-17°C).
- Lower weight means less moments of inertia and requires smaller bearings. Logistic costs are reduced.
- Is made in nodular cast iron with a new design resulting in smaller tensions in the pulley.
- VTP-pulleys make it possible to use the V-belt transmissions at higher ambient temperatures.
- Shock resistant, diminishing risk of damage during transport and mounting.
- Allows more than a doubling of the belt speed (up to 100 m/s). Test @ 130 m/s.
- New surface treatment. ACC – Autophoretic Coating Chemicals – ensures improved rust protection.